Last updated: (2019.03.26)
1. These terms and conditions govern the use of this website by the user (“user”), and acceptance hereof constitutes a binding agreement between the user and the operator of the website, the Western Cape Government (“WCG”), and its duly authorized agents.
2. The WCG is the developer and owner of this small business and entrepreneurship support and development platform, titled Jump.
3. The user, acting as an individual person, or on behalf of an organization, by submitting their personal and/or organisation information, authorizes the WCG to electronically store, hold, transmit and use such information for the purpose of communicating with the user in future, via email and cellular telephone.
4. Where the user is acting as a representative of any organization, they warrant that they have the necessary authority to do so, and specifically, to grant permission for WCG and its agents to communicate with the user as a representative thereof.
5. The user understands and agrees that they use this website entirely at their own risk; neither WCG nor its agents accepts any responsibility for any loss or damage in relation to the user’s computer, mobile/cellular phone or other electronic equipment used to access the website, during or after such access, including but not limited to any loss or damage to hardware, software or data, caused by incompatibility, or any virus, malware, trojan or malicious software or code of any kind.
6. The user specifically and unconditionally indemnifies the WCG and its agents against any claim for any loss or damage occurring during or subsequent to the use of the website.
7. While using the site, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to your name, cellphone number and address ("Personal
- 7.1 Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site ("Log Data").
- 7.2 This Log Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
- 7.3 In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyse this data. This data may be provided to trusted Third Parties for the purposes of understanding and enhancing the entrepreneur and small business support and related activities.
- 7.4 We may use your Personal Information to contact you via email and/or SMS with newsletters, marketing and / or promotional materials and other information, and your acceptance hereof authorises us to do so
- 7.5 Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer's hard drive.
- 7.6 Like many sites, we use "cookies" to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of Jump.
8. The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. While all reasonable steps will be taken to protect the information provided under this agreement from theft, misuse or disclosure to third parties, the user indemnifies the WCG and its agents from any claim for loss or damages of any kind in the event of such theft, misuse or disclosure.
12. The information provided is not an application for any other services or programmes of the WCG and the WCG shall not be required or obliged to deliver any services other than those stipulated above to any user on the basis of the provision of their information on the