Last updated: 4 June 2021
Jump is a multi-faceted SMME initiative that includes a mobile app with an extensive business toolkit, on-the-ground events, an industry cluster and ecosystem mobilisation capability and powerful enterprise development support features.
The platform aims to support the growth and competitiveness of SMMEs in the Western Cape through digital empowerment and access to support and opportunities.
Jump has been launched to the public and is available to any business, entrepreneur, or SMME stakeholder in the Western Cape who can sign up online. Jump allows users to create profiles, and to display such profiles on a map to allow for increased interaction between businesses, mentors, business support organizations.
Jump is an initiative of the Western Cape Provincial Government’s Department of Economic Development and Tourism. Jump is a free service and is accessed at www.info.bizjump.co.za and as a free-to-download app on the Apple App Store (IOS) and Google Play Store (Android).
SPECIFIC TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The Western Cape Government (“WCG”) is the developer and owner of the small business and entrepreneurship support and development platform, titled ‘jump for entrepreneurs’ and abbreviated to ‘jump’, ‘Jump’ or ‘JUMP’ or other capitalization thereof (“Jump”).
- The Jump platform (“platform”) comprises the www.info.bizjump.co.za website plus associated Android and IOS applications (“apps”) and back-office applications. The Jump service (“service”) comprises the functions of the Jump platform.
- These terms and conditions govern the use of the Jump platform by the user (“user”), and acceptance hereof constitutes a binding agreement between the user and the operator of the website, the Western Cape Government (“WCG”), and its duly authorized agents.
- The user, acting as an individual person, or on behalf of an organization, by submitting their personal and/or organisation information, authorizes the WCG to electronically store, hold, transmit and use such information for the purpose of communicating with the user in the future, via email and cellular telephone.
- Where the user is acting as a representative of any organization, they warrant that they have the necessary authority to do so, and specifically, to grant permission for WCG and its agents to communicate with the user as a representative thereof.
- The user understands and agrees that they use this website entirely at their own risk; neither WCG nor its agents accepts any responsibility for any loss or damage in relation to the user’s computer, mobile/cellular phone or other electronic equipment used to access the website, during or after such access, including but not limited to any loss or damage to hardware, software or data, caused by incompatibility, or any virus, malware, trojan or malicious software or code of any kind.
- The user specifically and unconditionally indemnifies the WCG and its agents against any claim for any loss or damage occurring during or subsequent to the use of the website.
- The information provided is not an application for any other services or programmes of the WCG and the WCG shall not be required or obliged to deliver any services other than those stipulated above to any user based on the provision of their information on the website.
- While using the site, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to your first and last names, landline and cellphone telephone numbers, physical address and email address ("Personal Information"). Other information such as business sector, company name, website URL and images such as logo may be collected may also be captured at the discretion of the user.
- Additionally, we may ask you for additional information classified as “Special Personal Information” which may include population group and gender. The provision of the Special Personal Information is optional and not mandatory to use the platform. We may use this for internal analysis purposes, with a view to optimising the service offering.
- We may use your Personal Information to contact you via email and/or SMS with newsletters, marketing and / or promotional materials, and other information, and your acceptance hereof authorises us to do so. Notifications via the platform, so-called “push notifications” may also be used to provide information to you.
- Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site ("Log Data").
- This Log Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, and other statistics.
- When accessing Jump over a mobile phone, additional information may be collected including but not limited to the type of mobile device use, the mobile device unique ID, the IP address of the mobile device, the mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser used, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data. Your location may be collected at the time of creating your user profile.
- In addition, we may use third-party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor, and analyse this data. This data may be provided to trusted Third Parties for the purposes of understanding and enhancing the entrepreneur and small business support and related activities.
- Like many sites, we use "cookies" to collect information. Cookies are files with a small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your computer's hard drive. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of Jump.
- The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but it must be recognised that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information and Special Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. While all reasonable steps will be taken to protect the information provided under this agreement from theft, misuse, or disclosure to third parties, the user indemnifies the WCG and its agents from any claim for loss or damages of any kind in the event of such theft, misuse or disclosure.
- The services do not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13 years of age. In the case we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we immediately delete this from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us so that we will be able to do the necessary actions.
- The user has the right to unsubscribe from the service at any stage. This can be executed through the ‘Delete Profile’ option available on the service (under the Profile function). Alternatively, the user may contact us to request this to be performed on their behalf.
- All data related to the user and the user’s use of the service is protected. Should there be any change in service including the ownership of the Jump platform, the user will be notified and given the option to delete their profile.
- These services do not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13 years of age. In the case we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we immediately delete this from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us so that we will be able to do the necessary actions.